High uric acid in blood, is called hyperuricemia which can result in increased production of uric acid in body or decrease excretion of this through kidney. It can lead to further problems like gouty arthritis, renal failure and kidney stones. Recent studies also associated high uric acid level with cardiovascular and hypertension disease.
Apple Cider Vinegar : Being a natural detoxifier and cleanser, apple cider vinegar helps to remove wastes like uric acid from body. This contains malic acid which helps to break down and eliminate the uric acid from body. Apple cider vinegar helps to restore alkaline acid balance in body and provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Add a teaspoon of organic, raw and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink this solution for 2-3 times a day.
Lemon Juice : Though Lemon juice make body more acidic, this produces alkaline effect and helps to neutralize uric acid. Also lemon juice provides vitamin C which helps to lower down uric acid in body.
- Squeeze juice from one lemon in one glass of warm water. Drink this in morning on an empty stomach. Continue to take this drink for few weeks.
- You can take vitamin C supplements. For suitability and proper dosage, consult your doctor.
Cherries : Dark berries and Cherries contain chemicals which help to reduce uric acid levels. Also blue colored berries and purple berries contain flavonoids which are called anthocyanins this helps to lowers down uric acid and reduce stiffness and inflammation.
- Eat half cup of cherries for few weeks. You can drink 1-2 cups of tart cherry juice for 4 weeks.
- Also add vitamin C, bell peppers, tomatoes, strawberries and blueberries, vegetables and antioxidant rich fruits to your diet.
Baking Soda : Baking soda is called bicarbonate of soda, which is highly beneficial to lowered down uric acid level and help to reduce gout pain. This helps to maintain natural alkaline balance in body and makes uric acid more soluble and easier to flush out of kidneys.
- Mix half teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water.
- Drink at least 4 glasses of this solution for 2 weeks. You can drink this for every 2-4 hours.
- Olive Oil : Most of the vegetable oils turn into rancid fat when they are heated or processed. Rancid fats destroy vital vitamin E in body, which help in controlling uric acid level. Cold pressed olive oil is also good option rather than using butter, vegetable oil or shortening in baking or cooking. Olive oil carries monounsaturated fats which remain stable anti-inflammatory benefits.