High level of uric acid in blood is called hyperuricemia, can result from increased production of uric acid in body or decreased excretion it through kidneys. This can lead to problems like renal failure, kidney stones and gouty arthritis. You can find range of uric acid :
Men : 3.4 - 7.0mg/dL
Women : 2..4 - 6.0 mg/dL
These values may vary at the different labs. Factors which contribute to high uric acid includes a diet which is high in purines, metabolic conditions or endocrine, genetics, underactive thyroid, obesity, renal insufficiency, excess alcohol consumption and certain other diseases.
Crash dieting, fasting and exercising may churn uric acid level temporarily. There are some natural remedies and tips which help in reducing uric acid levels. In an addition a proper treatment by a healthcare professional is must.
Apple Cider Vinegar : Being a detoxifier and natural cleanser, apple cider vinegar help to remove wastes like uric acid from body. This contains malic acid which helps to break down uric acid. Apple cider vinegar helps to restore alkaline acid balance in body and provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Add a teaspoon of unpasteurized, organic and raw apple cider vinegar into a glass of water.
- Drink this solution for at least 2-3 times a day.
You can increase amount of apple cider vinegar two tablespoons in a glass of water and continue to have this remedy till uric acid comes down.
Lemon Juice : Lemon juice makes uric acid to come down, in actual, this produces an alkaline effect and helps to neutralize acid. Also vitamin C helps to lower down uric acid level.
- Squeeze juice from one lemon into one glass of warm water. Drink this juice in morning on an empty stomach. Continue this process for at least few weeks.
- You can take Vitamin C supplements also. For proper dosage, consult your doctor.
Cherries : Dark berries and Cherries contain chemicals which help to reduce uric acid level. Also Blue and Purple colored berries contain flavonoid which is known as anthocyanins which help to lower uric acid and reduce stiffness and inflammation.
- Eat one/half cup of cherries on daily basis for few weeks. You can have this drink for one or two cups of tart cherry juice for 4 weeks.
- Other Vitamin C, Bell pepper, tomatoes, Strawberries and blueberries and add vegetables and antioxidants rich fruit in your diet.
Baking Soda : Baking Soda is called bicarbonate of soda, it is highly beneficial to lower down uric acid level and gout pain. Baking soda is helpful to maintain natural alkaline balance in body and makes uric acid more easier and soluble to flush out of kidneys.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water.
- Drink at least 4 glasses on daily basis for two weeks. You can drink this after every 2-4 hours.
- Olive Oil : Most of the vegetable oils turn in rancid fats when they are heated or processed. This rancid fat destroys Vitamin E in body, which is essential to control uric acid level.