Nowadays people experience stress from time to time. Term “stress” refers to non-specific response of body to demand for change. There are number of life demands which causes money problems, relationships, work and stress. Traumatic leads to stress.
There are common physical effects of stress like difficulty in sleeping, upset stomach, frequent urination, fatigue, chest pain, muscle pain, headaches.
This has direct effect on behavior and mood, leading to the symptoms like social withdrawal, depression, sadness, unnecessary anger, irritability, lack of motivation restlessness and anxiety.
Stress can be chronic or acute. Too much stress contribute depression, anxiety, heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure. This even reduce enjoyment in life.
There are number home remedies to remove stress.
Deep and Slow Breathing : Deep and Slow breathing helps to cool off in stressful situation. With a deep breathing, oxygen enter into body, which has calming effect on body and mind. 15-30 minutes of deep and slow breathing helps to prevent from stress. This even help to think more, so you can deal with stress more easily.
Epsom Salt : Epsom salt is a very effective and useful remedy which helps to get calm down when you feel stress. Stress causes low level of magnesium in body and helps to increase adrenaline levels. Epsom salp is very high in magnesium, this helps to increase mood elevating serotonin chemical in brain. Here are some steps which show that how Epsom Salt helps to reduce Stress.
- Add one cup of Epsom salt and few drops of essential oil of our choice to have a warm bathwater.
- Stir properly, until salt get dissolved in water.
- Soak in soothing water for at least 20 minutes.
- You need to have soothing bath for 2-3 times a week
Chamomile Tea : Chamomile is very effective herb and help to reduce stress. Its soothing and calming nature has sedative effect on central nervous system. This helps to relax muscles, ease in anxiety and helps to promote better sleep.
- You should drink upto 4 cups of chamomile tea in a day to fight against stress. To prepare tea, add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to cup of hot water. Steep and Cover for 10 minutes. Strain and add raw honey as per your taste and drink it.
- You can add fresh chamomile flowers or you can add few drops of chamomile oil to have warm bathwater for nerve soothing soak.
- You can take this herb in a supplement form. You can consult your doctor for a proper dosage.
- Massage : Body massage works as stress reliever. According to Chinese medicine, massage helps to open blocked energy channels to reduce the stress level and helps to improve overall health. Warm oil massage of back, hands, feet and head helps to get relaxed tense muscles and improving blood circulation.